Tuesday 30 March 2010

Frivolous Ruffles!

So I went shopping at Tesco today and found t-shirts 2 for £6 so I picked up 2 pink t-shirts, one to wear and one to sacrifice! After seeing loads of posts (here, here and here) about ruffling up t-shirts I thought I'd join in. I bought my size and the biggest they had to make sure I had loads!






One boring but pretty coloured t-shirt
Look at what I found looking for matching thread! It must have come from my mothers supplies, so goodness how old it is (1960s?). Anyway I LOVE the name of the colour - Frivolous Pink! What a great colour and a great name, goes well with ruffles dontcha think? Ruffles are definitely frivolous!









and the end result.........




(excuse the pot belly - I'm working on getting rid of it.....)






2 long strips and 2 narrow strips, I know groups of 3's usually look better but for some reason it didn't today.


Well I'm really pleased with how it came out, I shall be looking out for more cheap t-shirts that need some jazzing up!



I'm gonna give myself A- for this! What would you give me?








giveaways

14 comments:

  1. An A for sure! I have seen a ton of tutorials for this but yours is the only one that actually made me want to make one! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great - I really want to do this now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable and a great way to update a Tee ;) Here from Skip to My Lou

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out sooo cute! love the color too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, what a perfect matching thread! I really like the ruffles they turned out very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so pretty and cheerful! ...makes me so happy that I stopped by! I hope to see you at my place one day this week when you get a moment. until later...

    ReplyDelete
  7. And I just paid $10 for a ruffle shirt that doesn't look as good as yours... I think I'll try my hand at one of these next time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The shirt looks great! Hmmm...I might just have to try this...

    ReplyDelete
  9. adorable~i tried this once but it didn't turn out as cute as yours! (i didn't have matching thread and the shirt was a lil' big on me) i'd give you an A++!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. great job! love that color! thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love this shirt....the ruffles look so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute! I did one just like this a while ago and I looove to wear it.

    ReplyDelete